ISWA Study Tour on Bio-waste Collection and Recycling 2019
ISWA Study Tour will take place from 29 September to 3 October 2019 and will start in Milan, Italy. The International Solid Waste Association (ISWA) is a global, independent and non-profit association, working in the public interest to promote and develop sustainable and professional waste management worldwide.
In cooperation with CIC, ECN, ECOMONDO and ATIA ISWA ITALIA, this four-day Study Tour will give municipal solid waste managers and decision-makers an overview of current best-practices in separate collection and recycling of organic waste in record setting Northern Italian cities: Milan and Verona.
You will learn from accompanied technical site visits and workshops by senior international experts from leading organisations such as ISWA, CIC, ECN and Ecomondo. The focus of both technical site facilities and workshops is the efficient operational solutions, effective instruments and tools supplied to households to enhance collection and the potential role of compostable bioplastics for the recycling of household biowaste. Circular economy for organic waste needs recycling facilities and the ISWA Study Tour covers composting to biomethane production both in medium and jumbo scale; plus new techniques such as recovery of CO2 and excess heat will be explored.
- Circular Economy for the bio-waste sector in Europe
- Separate bio-waste collections in different metropolitan areas and in smaller settlements
- The role of compostable plastics
- Best practices and treatment facilities for the treatment of organic waste collected in cities
- Composting, anaerobic digestion and biorefineries (Innovative aerobic biological treatment)
- Upgrading techniques from biogas to biomethane (i.e. green natural gas)
- CO2 recycling at biogas facilities: technologies and opportunities
- MBT treatment of mixed MSW
- Compost and soil: climate impacts
ECN members are kindly invited to take part in this Study Tour with a reduced fee.
More information on the ISWA Study Tour can be found here.